The Indian Military Nursing Services (MNS) is conducted by the Indian Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC). Through the AFMC Nursing Exam, candidates will get admission into 4 years B.Sc. Nursing course. It is a national level examination which is conducted only for female candidates.
- Date of Birth -Between 02 Aug 1981 and 03 Aug 1995 (Both days inclusive).
- Physical Fitness Medical fitness will be assessed as per Military Standards by Military Authorities. X-Ray examination of Chest and USG (of abdomen) will be done. The physical fitness of selected candidates will finally be determined by a Medical Board under arrangement made by the office of DGAFMS. Candidates pregnant at the time of medical examination and joining for commission will be rejected being temporarily medically unfit.
- Qualification & Registration Should have passed MSc (Nursing) /PB B Sc (Nursing)/B Sc(Nursing) from INC recognized University and be a registered Nurse and Midwife from a State Nursing Council (The candidate will be required to bring original and self attested copies of marksheet, passing certificate and valid State Registration certificate at the time of interview).
- Interview and medical examination: A required number (not more than three times of vacancies) of shortlisted candidates of the written test, in the order of merit will be called for interview during the month of Oct at Delhi. Thereafter, only the candidates who have cleared the interview will be subjected to Medical Examination. The process of interview and medical examination may take 2-5 days. Arrangement for accommodation will be individual responsibility. Only the required number of shortlisted candidates (as per vacancy and merit) who are pronounced medically fit in all respect will be sent call letters to report to the various hospitals in Armed Forces. No correspondence/queries will be entertained. The decision of the Board for written test and interview will be final. Candidates declared FIT/UNFIT will be informed by the President of the Medical board including the procedure of requesting for APPEAL/REVIEW MEDICAL BOARD. The candidates called for interview will be paid Sleeper class Railway fare from the place of residence to the place of interview/medical examination and back only on submission of the original tickets, as amended from time to time. The candidate called for interview, if found not in the possession of documents as per eligibility criteria, will be rendered ineligible to appear for the interview and the selection is liable to be cancelled. In such cases no TA will be applicable.
- Marital status: Single/Married/Divorcee or otherwise legally separated /Widow.
- Employability: Candidates selected for grant of SSC in the MNS will be liable to serve for five yearsextendable to a total tenure of fourteen (5+5+4) years, anywhere in India in the same way as Military Nursing Service (Regular) Officers of the Armed Forces (Army, Navy and Air Force). No request will be entertained on choice of posting through any means in the first five years of service.
- Emoluments :On completion of the pre-commissioning formalities, the candidates will be granted the rank of Lieutenant with the monthly Basic Pay of Rs 15,600 + Grade Pay Rs 5,400/- + Military Service Pay- Rs 4,200/- + DA and other Allowance as per prevailing rates. Entitled ration, accommodation and allied facilities will also be offered.
Documents required for MNS
In this, we will talk about the documents required for MNS while applying online, while applying online you must have scanned copy of your documents like:-
Physical Conditioning : Prospective candidates are advised to keep themselves in good physical condition by following the under mentioned routine :-
- Running : 2 to 4 Km. in 15 minutes
- Pushups & Sit-ups : Minimum 20 each
- Chin ups : Minimum 08
- Rope Climbing : 3 to 4 meters.
Details of MNS exam -
In this, we will talk about the details of MNS exam, Earlier MNS exam used to held Offline, but now it would be Online. Indian Army has recently released the notification for the MNS exam 2020.
Selection procedure of MNS
In this, we will talk about the selection procedure of MNS, selection process is all similar for the defence personnel in order to become Officer in the Defence in India candidates are mandatory to clear the SSB interview, but here that’s not the case, here you just have to appear for the PI(personal interview). so the procedure is like that.
- Computer-based Test (CBT) online test
- Personal Interview (PI)
- Medical test etc
Indian Army MNS Syllabus
|1.||General English||90 Minutes.|
⦁ The Exam Duration will be of 90 Minutes.
- Synonyms/ Homonyms.
- Spot the error.
- Fill in the blan .
- Detecting Mis-spelt words.
- Idioms and phrases.
- One word substitutions.
- Shuffling of sentence parts.
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage.
- Cloze passage.
- Comprehension passage.
- Cell and Molecular Biology.
- Genetics and evolution.
- Human health and diseases.
- Plant physiology.
- Human physiology.
- Biotechnology and its applications.
- Biodiversity, ecology, and environment.
- Laws of Motion & Work, Energy, and Power.
- Properties of Matter.
- Current Electricity.
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current.
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current.
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics.
- Nuclear Physics.
- Semiconductor Devices and their Applications.
- Atomic Structure.
- p,d, and f – Block Elements.
- Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry.
- Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium, and Chemical Kinetics
- Isomerism in Organic Compounds.
- Alcohols and Ethers.
- Carbonyl Compounds.
- Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives.
- Organic Nitrogen Compounds and Biomolecules.
- Number Series.
- Space Visualization.
- Decision Making.
- Problem Solving.
- Similarities and Differences.
- Figure Classification.
- Visual Memory.
- Relationship Concepts.
- Visual Memory.
- Non-Verbal Series.
- Arithmetical Computation.
- Analytical Functions etc.
|Duration||Course Name/Code||Application Form Charge||Course Fee*||GST Applicable on Tuition Fee||Total Payable Amount|
This is all about How to Apply for MNS 2020 (Military Nursing Service). If you guys want to serve for the nation and wanted to clear the Defence examination, can join Cadets Point Defence Academy, Here we have experienced faculty for all the subjects. For more inquiries, you can call us at 9415402422 and 8115148593