The "Combined Defence Services" (CDS) Examination is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. The Notification for the examination is usually released in the months of October and June, and the examinations are conducted in February and November respectively. Only unmarried graduates are eligible to sit for the exam. Successful candidates are admitted into the respective Academies after an interview conducted by the Services Selection Board (SSB).
|EXAM-CDS (I & II)||
Forms- October & June
Exam- February & November
Age Limit- 19 to 25 yrs
i) For Indian Military Academy/Officers’ Training Academy: Degree from a recognized university or equivalent
ii) For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/Institution
iii) For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering
|MODE OF SELECTION||
Written Examination by UPSC
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status
|Paper||Availability of Forms||Date of Examination|
|CDS-I||October - November||February|
UPSC CDS Examination Centres
|The CDS exam will be held across 41 cities/towns in the country|
|For Indian Military, Indian Naval and Air Force Academy|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hours||100|
|For Officers’ Training Academy|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
Highlights of CDS Exam Pattern
|Mode of Exam||Offline only (Pen and paper mode)|
|Number of Questions asked||300 MCQ Type|
|Number of questions in OTA||200 MCQ Type|
|Maximum Marks||300 and 200 (OTA)|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours (120 minutes) for each paper|
|Medium||Hindi or English|
|Negative marking||One third mark deducted for every incorrect response|
|PAPER-I (ENGLISH) TOPICS COVERED||PAPER-II (G.K) TOPICS COVERED||PAPER-III (MATHEMATICS) TOPICS COVERED|
|Fill in the blanks questions||Current Affairs of last 6 months||Arithmetic|
|Sentence Correction questions||Indian Economy||Geometry|
|Reading Comprehension||Indian Politics||Algebra|
|Finding errors and omissions etc||History||Trigonometry|
|Awards & Honors Sports, Finance Agriculture Books & Their Authors|
- Every Sunday Physical Training Class is organized by Physical Trainers and NSG Commandos.
- SSB Interview & Spoken English, Current Affairs , Library Classes also run in this course
|Duration||Course Name/Code||Application Form Charge||Course Fee*||Total Payable Amount|
|1 Year||Ghatak / 1201||Rs.500/-||Rs.48,000/-||Rs. 48,500/-|
|6 Months||Ghatak / 1202||Rs.500/-||Rs.30,000/-||Rs. 30,500/-|
Why choose Cadets Point Defence Academy for NDA (National Defence Academy) written exam coaching.
- Cadets Point Defence Academy is India Oldest and Largest Armed forces Preparatory Institute. Established in 19th August 2019 by Mr. Jitendra Sharma & Colonel Soumitra Dutt. Cadets Point Defence Academy has over 01 years of experience in successfully coaching candidates to be commissioned into the armed forces.
- Infrastructure: The Cadets Point Defence Academy campus provides unmatched infrastructure, spread over 10 acres in lush green, pollution free, SSB like environment with on campus hostel and mess. Our classrooms for written coaching are air conditioned and well supported by modern Audio Visual technological aids and 24 hrs power back.
- Faculty: The highly qualified, experienced and updated faculty for CDS (Combined Defence Services) written coaching provides students with the right guidance to get best results in the exam. Students are coached by permanent faculty members not part-time teachers (working on per class basis) as in many other institutes.
- Fully equipped library: Only Cadets Point Defence Academy offers the facility of a fully equipped library offering 500+ relevant and important books pertaining to the syllabus of the examination and competitive exam preparation. Students can issue these books for self study, revision, practice etc.
- Study Room/ Reading Room: On campus study/ reading rooms are available to provide students with quiet and peaceful environment, perfect for self study and preparations. These rooms are open daily till late hours.
- Motivational lectures and movies: Cadets Point Defence Academy specializes in motivating the youth towards serving our great nation. Students interact with candidates from all over the country working towards a common goal. Motivational lectures and movies shown, leave the students inspired to do something for the country and become better human beings.
- Discipline & Time Management: Cadets Point Defence Academy is a Defence preparatory institute with strict rules that all students must abide by. All students are expected to follow the Honour Code and Discipline Code of Conduct of Cadets Point Defence Academy, failing which they may be expelled without refunds. These guidelines enforced by the academy inculcate good values and discipline in the students. Students also learn the importance and benefits of proper time management. Sundays and other holidays are not observed to maintain continuity and to ensure students can focus on upcoming exam without distractions.
- Physical Fitness:- Only Cadets Point Defence Academy offers a fully equipped Football ground, Basketball court, Volley ball court, Cricket field and badminton court along with dedicated Obstacle course and vast open grounds to encourage physical fitness among candidates as endurance and stamina are a pre-requisite for SSB which is the next step after the exam.
- Exam specific coaching: Since exam patters vary for each examination, Cadets Point Defence Academy offers exam specific coaching for SSB INTERVIEW, NDA, CDS, SSR , AA , AIR FORCE , AFCAT, CPF, ACC, TA , GD etc.
- The Cadets Point Defence Academy offers coaching for the NDA/ NA written examination. The faculty at CPDA is tremendously accomplished and highly qualified in successfully coaching students for NDA examination.
- The guidelines of distinction followed by Cadets Point Defence Academy assures that each student who opts for training of written examination with us, endures assurance and he would be thoroughly groomed for the exam.
- Not only do we cover the entire syllabus subject after subject as per UPSC guidelines, we also prepare our students with mock tests, previous year question papers practice and doubt clearing sessions which are conducted each week to counsel each student’s development.
- Mock test/Monthly test results are also examined to summit the weak points of the aspirants. This gives students a sense of indulgence about the possible paper pattern and the level of difficulty of questions that will give them the right approach towards their examination, manage time efficiently and to eventually get the best possible results.
- Students can learn here many tricks, shortcuts and quick and accurate answers through their time in the course. Apart from this, we provide extensively researched study material which helps students to easily access, organise and systematically approach the vast syllabus.
This ensures that the students know what to expect in the examination, how to approach the examination, manage time efficiently and get the best possible results. Experienced and highly acclaimed faculty trains students into handling the NDA written examination.
- Our original study material made by our own publication solely focuses on NDA and other defence examinations.
- Latest trend analysis and overall updated questions that have the maximum chance of coming in examinations are given more focus to build confidence and support among students.
- We compile our study material by analysing the question papers of last few years and by keeping in mind the present trend involving National Defence Academy Examination (NDA).