EXAMINATION DETAILS / Examination Schedule
Air force Technical & Non-technical trade aspirants will be tested in subjects of English (10+2 standard), Physics, Mathematics, The duration of the written test is 100 questions in 85 minutes. Written Test will be objective type and question paper will be bilingual (English & Hindi), except for English paper. Written test will be based on CBSE up to class XII syllabus. Candidates are to qualify in each paper/test separately. Result of written test is declared on the same day.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT):- -Candidates passing the written test are required to undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT). Passing the PFT is mandatory. The PFT for all trades [except IAF (Security)] consists of a 1.6 km run to be completed within 8 minutes. The PFT for IAF (Security) trade includes a 2.4 Km run & 5 Km run to be completed in 15 minutes & 30 minutes respectively. Candidates above 27 years of age will be given relaxation in PFT timing as per existing norms (Applicable to serving NC (E) s only). Candidates completing PFT faster are awarded additional marks on a sliding scale.
- Interview:- Candidates passsing PFT will be interviewed by a team of Officers & Warrant ranks. Interview is normally conducted in English as such working knowledge is necessary.
- Trade Allocation Test :- (TAT) - Candidates of Group 'X' (Technical) trades who qualify in interview are to undergo Trade Allocation Test for bifurcation into Mechanical and Electronics stream. Specific trade allotment within these streams will be carried out at Basic Training Institute (BTI), Air Force (Belgaum).
- Medical :- Candidates who have been recommended for interview will be medically examined by the Recruitment Medical Team as per
- All India Select List (AISL) ) Candidates who pass the written Test, complete PFT within the given time, clear the interview and have undergone medical examination are arranged in the All India Select List (AISL). The inclusion of names of the candidates in the AISL depends upon the performance of the candidates in the selection test and number of vacancies to be filled. Candidates are enrolled in the Indian Air Force as per the existing vacancies.
A Passed of Intermediate / 10+2 / with Mathematics, Physics, and English, with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
EXAMINATION SCHEDULE Both X & Y GROUP
|Paper||Availability of Forms||Date of Examination|
|X & Y GROUP||Dec /Jan||March / April|
AGE LIMITS, SEX AND MARITAL STATUS : Candidate born between 13 January 1998 and 02 January 2002 (both days inclusive) are eligible to apply.
In case, a candidate clears all the stages of the Selection Procedure, then the upper age limit as on date of enrolment is 21 years.
SELECTION CENTER FOR AIRMAN :
- Airmen Selection Centre, 48, Mansfield Road, Ambala Cantt
- Airmen Selection Centre, Race Course Camp, New Delhi
- Airmen Selection centre, Air Force Station, Chakeri,
- Airmen Selection Centre, (Near Palta Gate), Air Force Station Barrackpore, West Bengal
- Airmen Selection Centre, Old Pali Road Jodhpur
- Airmen Selection Centre, Air Force Station, Cotton Green, Mumbai
- Airmen Selection Centre, No.1 Cubbon Road, Bangalore
- Airmen Selection Centre, Air Force Station, Tambaram, Chennai
- Airmen Selection Centre, Near Rajadhani College, Baramunda, Bhubaneswar
- Airmen Selection Centre, Air Force Station Bihta, Patna, Bihar
- Airmen Selection Centre, Borjhar, Guwahati
- Airmen Selection Centre, Air Force Station, Bowenpally, Secunderabad
- Airmen Selection Centre, VII/302-B, Vayu Sena Road, Kakkanad, Kochi
- Airmen Selection Centre, IInd Floor, Phase-II, Rajiv Gandhi Parisar, 35 Shyamala Hills,
14 Airmen Selection centers are located all over the country.
Basic Pay and Allowances
- Air Craftsman (AC): Rs. 5200 – 20200/- +Grade Pay Rs. 2000/-.
- Leading Air Craftsman (LAC): Rs. 5200 – 20200/- +Grade Pay Rs. 2000/-.
- Corporal (Cpl): Rs. 5200 – 20200/- +Grade Pay Rs. 2400/-.
- Sergeant (Sgt): Rs. 5200 – 20200/- +Grade Pay Rs. 2800/-.
- Junior Warrant Officer (JWO): Rs. 9300 – 34800/- +Grade Pay Rs. 4200/-.
- Warrant Officer (WO): Rs. 9300 – 34800/- +Grade Pay Rs. 4600/-.
- Master Warrant Officer (MWO): Rs. 9300 – 34800/- +Grade Pay Rs. 4800/-.
During training a stipend of Rs. 8,550/-per month will be paid. On completion of training, Airman is placed in the emoluments as under. Promotion to next Pay Band is as per the policy in vogue.
|Duration||Course Name/Code||Application Form Charge||Course Fee*||GST Applicable on Tuition Fee||Total Payable Amount|
Airman Written Exam
The Cadets Point Defence Academy. offers coaching for the Airman written examinations. The faculty at Cadets Point Defence Academy is highly qualified and vastly experienced in successfully coaching students for Airman examinations. The standards of excellence followed by Cadets Point Defence Academy ensure that each student who opts for coaching with us feels confident and well prepared for the exam. Not only do we cover the entire syllabus subject by subject as per CASB, we also prepare our students with mock tests, previous year question papers and doubt clearing sessions which are conducted each week to monitor each student’s progress. Mock test/ monthly test results are also discussed to pin point where the student may be lacking. This ensures that the students know what to expect in the examination, how to approach the examination, manage time efficiently and get the best possible results. Experienced and updated faculty teaches students how to handle the Airman examination specifically; they focus on the format and type of questions likely to be asked in the exam. Students can learn many formulae and shortcuts to get quick and accurate answers while attempting the examination. Apart from this, we provide extensively researched study material which helps students to easily access, organise and systematically approach the vast syllabus.
Correspondence course With flexible option as you are busy , working or at a different location , finding it to different Cadets Point Defence Academy pvt. Ltd. offer provides web enabled self and units tests, mock tests, digital content and learning assistance in following modes.
Take online / offline assessments / tests for just Rs. 1500 for Vijyant course /- on fixed price basis (30 test). the tests will be topic wise/ unit wise/ monthly test covering topics and subtopics in English , Reasoning , general knowledge are very similar mock tests section wise and complete tests.
This book has been designed for the recruitment exam conducted by Indian Air Force & Indian Navy for recruiting candidates for the post of Airman. The present book for Airman has been divided into three sections namely English, Mathematics and Physics, each sub-divided into number of chapters according to the syllabi of the Airman Recruitment Examination. Each chapter in the book contains ample number of solved illustrations which have designed on the lines of questions asked in previous years’ Airman Recruitment Examination. At the end of each chapter, practice exercises have also been given to help students practice the concepts covered in the chapters. Hints and solutions to the practice exercises have also been given at the end of the chapter. Also the book contains five Mock Test designed to help the aspirants take the tests and self evaluate their level of preparation for the upcoming examination. As the book contains ample study as well as practice material designed according to the examination pattern and the syllabi it for sure will help the aspirants score good in the upcoming Airman Examination.
Paper Pattern(10+2 STANDERD)
|PAPER||NO. OF QUESTIONS||MAX MARKS||REMARKS|
|Mathematics||25||100 Questions in 85 Mins|
|Reasoning and General Awareness (RAGA)||30|
- Well researched Study material
- Regular physical training sessions
- Monthly unit test
- All India Mock test just before the AFCAT Examination
- Online test seriesl
- Monthly Parent Teacher Meeting
- Doubt removal classes
- Orientation sessions
- Regular Interaction with selected candidates
- SSB Interview Classes
- Hostel Facility