The Airforce X and Y Group Exam are conducted by the Air Force Selection Board. Through this exam, one can join the technical and Non-Technical Branches of the Indian Air force as an Airmen. The X group is for the technical entries while the Y group is for the non-technical entries. The vacancy is released together. Letâ€™s see the details about the selection process, Eligibility Criteria and Exam details etc.
Airforce X and Y group Selection Process
The Selection of the candidate for the Air force X Group (Technical) and Y Group (non-technical) is done in the following phases:
- Stage 1: Online Examination
- Stage 2: Physical Fitness Test
- Stage 3: Medical Exam
- Stage 4: All India Merit.
Written Examination: The Online Exam is basically a written examination that would be conducted to check the basic and theoretical knowledge of the candidate. In the written exam, one will be asked from the following subjects:
- General Awareness etc
Physical Fitness Test: This test is conducted to check the candidateâ€™s physical capacity. In the PFT, One has to appear for the following physical activities:
- 1.6 km of running to be completed in 8 minutes.
- Squats etc
Medical Exam: The Medical exam is the important phase of selection. A candidate must be medically fit in all manner. The medical tests would be conducted under the guidance of the military doctors at the military hospital.
All India Rank: This is the last phase of selection but plays an important role. On the basis of the performance in the Written Exam, Physical Fitness Test and Medical Exam. The All India Merit List will be prepared and only top candidates will be selected finally.
Eligibility Criteria for Airforce X and Y Group:
- A candidate must be an Indian.
- For X Group: A candidate should have pass class 12th with physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with a minimum of 50% mark or Three years Diploma Course in Engineering in any stream.
- For Y Group: A candidate should have passed class 12th in any stream from the government recognized Board with overall 50% marks and 50% marks in English individually.
- Age Limit: The age of the candidate should not be less than 17 years old and it should not be more than 21 years old.
- There is no relaxation has been to any candidate, it will be same for all.
EXAMINATION SCHEDULE Both X & Y GROUP
|Paper||Availability of Forms||Date of Examination|
|X & Y GROUP||Dec /Jan||March / April|
Paper Pattern(10+2 STANDERD)
|PAPER||NO. OF QUESTIONS||MAX MARKS||REMARKS|
|Mathematics||25||100Â Questions inÂ 85Â Mins|
|Reasoning and General Awareness (RAGA)||30|
How to prepare for Airforce X and Y Group Exam:
In order to get selected in the Indian Air force as an Airmen, One will have to perform better in all phases of selection. One needs to join the best academy to get proper education and training regarding the selection. You can join the CPDA to get a proper preparation. We have a team of ex- Defense Examiners and Officers who give proper training and education to the teachers. We always use different tricks to train the candidates and make them able to clear the exam. We CPDA have:
- Well researched Study material
- Regular physical training sessions
- Monthly unit test
- All India Mock test just before the AFCAT Examination
- Online test series
- Monthly Parent Teacher Meeting
- Doubt removal classes
- Orientation sessions
- Regular Interaction with selected candidates
- SSB Interview Classes
- Hostel Facility
There is nothing we left, you will be trained in all possible manners to clear the selection phase. You can check the cpda courses details below:
|Duration||Course Name/Code||Application Form Charge||Course Fee*||GST Applicable on Tuition Fee||Total Payable Amount|